He watches over each of His sparrows. And He watches over me.



Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tears and Roses

This was posted on Facebook today:

Which prompted me to tell you this story:

     Knowing my love for roses my husband took great pride and much joy in planting rose bushes in our yard. Most of them have survived the harsh Midwest winters and have always been a source of comfort to me over the years - even more so now that he is no longer here with me.

     About 8 or 10 years ago he decided I needed to have a red climbing rose. He built a trellis by the garage and sought out the bush - he planted it as he did all the others and we waited expectantly for it to bloom. Two years passed and the bush did not produce one bloom - not even a bud. Still we waited - still nothing. We dug around it, fertilized it, pruned it - still nothing. Year after year this bush would produce abundant, healthy green trailers - but no blooms. After he became too ill to care for the yard that rose bush's failure to bloom was pretty much forgotten but I did note that it continued to produce it's yearly crop of green.

     Last summer I had a worker do some pruning and general yard clean up and instructed him to cut the bush back to the ground  with the thought that eventually it might have to be dug out and the space given over to something else.

     A year passed after his passing and I marked the date with a post here on the blog titled NOW WHAT. Of course, there were tears on that day yet I was filled with hope and trust in a loving God who only has the best intentions towards His daughter. Two days later I went out into the yard and spotted a splash of bright red and saw this -

     Yes - it is the rose bush - the one that had failed to bloom for so many years - full of breathtakingly beautiful red roses! A gift to me straight from God's own hand - He did it just for me - no other person lives in this house and no other person sees that rose bush - just me.............

     Last night I went to the Father in prayer and simply asked Him to help me tell the hurting of His love for them - I asked Him to use me and give me the ability to relay how much He loves each of His hurting children and that His love will heal the pain.

     These are the lyrics from a song by Keith Whitley called "Til Each Tear Becomes A Rose". Imagine please that God Himself is speaking these words to you as you read this .....

Darling, I can see the clouds around you
And in your heart I know a sorrow grows
But, if you weep I'll be right here to hold you
'Til each tear you cry becomes a rose.

Dearest love I know your heart is shattered
And all my words can offer no relief
But my love will heal the pain you've suffered
And I'll be here if you should turn to me





    Turn to Him this night with your pain and your shattered heart in the midst of the clouds around you. Give Him your tears and let Him hold you - Til Each Tear Becomes A Rose - for He loves you so.........

No comments:

Post a Comment